Pyotraumatic dermatitis commonly known as “Hot Spots” are bacterial infections of the skin associated with inflammation. It can be extremely uncomfortable for the animal.
What are the main causes of “Hot Spots”?
- Commonly caused by Staphylococcus intermedius bacteria
- Skin infections occur when the surface integrity of the skin has been broken
- The skin has become macerated by chronic exposure to moisture
- Normal bacterial flora have been altered
- Circulation has been impaired
Read more on the risk factors, treatment, preventative measures etc here